Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 1

I understand that I’m not writing to anyone at the moment, but I’ve got to start somewhere! I think this is a good time to introduce myself. I’m Vicky, I’m 23 years old (24 in July…eeek) I graduated from the University of Gloucestershire in June 2010 (don’t worry I’d never heard of it before either!) with a 2:1 in Marketing, Advertising and Communications. Since arriving into the ‘real’ world I have become a marketing executive at a little agency based in Swansea. I work 9 to 5; I live with my boyfriend, Pearson, and my sister Chloe and I’m pretty ‘normal’ if that word even exists! I’m a typical girl, I’m a bit too obsessed with my pug, Poppy, I stress over my appearance way too much and I worry about what everybody thinks of me rather than just getting on with things!
To give you an idea of what I’ll be blogging about, here is a list of my obsessions:
§  Poppy – I don’t know what it is about this little thing that slightly resembles ET but I love her, she is like a mix between a dog, a cat and a pig (only because of her curly tail and the way she snores and snorts – bless her, she does have a flat nose!)
§  Beach – I go to the beach most days, usually to walk the dogs (I have a beagle puppy too, called Benji) and I love it, especially in the winter, it’s so quiet and it’s a dog walkers paradise. The beaches I go to mostly are Three Cliffs, Langland (has an amazing beach café where you can take the dogs inside to sit by the log burning stove), Oxwich, Swansea Bay (not pretty but useful for easy dog exercise) and Rhossili Bay, all of these beaches are on the Gower which is a peninsula just off Swansea. Google it if you want a peek! I think it’s a hidden gem; Wales just doesn’t have a reputation for gorgeous beaches.
§  Vinegar Hill – this shop sums up me, apart from the fact that I can’t ever afford to buy everything that I want to, but who can? If you don’t know Vinegar Hill, they do have a website but you have to go in the shop to really understand! They have the most pretty little things, from candle holders to furniture, to cushions to dog bowls! I discovered it in Cheltenham whilst living there during my studies, but now I’ve moved back to my hometown, I normally go to the one in Bath when I visit.
§  Polka Dot – I love polka dot anything, I baked (I mean tried to bake) cupcakes on the weekend and I used little red and white polka dot cupcake cases. My kitchen in my flat in Cheltenham had a red and white polka dot theme. I think polka dot things look pretty and they make me happy J
§  Weddings – I am a little bit obsessed with weddings, I love any tv programmes to do with weddings, particularly ‘don’t tell the bride’! I am a girl after all and I might have planned my perfect wedding in my head since I was 14 :-/ it doesn’t help that one of my best friends is just as obsessed with weddings, it’s lucky for her that she works at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire and is an event manager!  
§  Food – I love food. I can’t help it. That’s just me. I can try and deny it or pretend I don’t love food but I do. Not in a morbidly obese way, I’m a pretty normal size but I can’t really do diets (even though I wish I could). It dawned on me how much I must love food on my 23rd birthday when EVERY card I received had a picture of a cupcake on it. And it didn’t stop there, my friend gave me socks – with cupcakes all over them. My soon-to-be sister in law (hopefully) bought me cake tins – with cupcakes on them. My other friend bought me a recipe book – with cupcakes on it. I was also given various other gifts with cupcakes on everything, even a mobile phone charm with a cupcake on it (I have to point out here that I am not the kind of girl that has a phone charm, or any Disney related memorabilia or glitter anything, no offence to the grown women who do posses such items but that is just not for me!) Oh and my boyfriend is a chef, that helps!
§  Coffee – I love coffee but I love coffee shops and cafes more. It would be hard for me to remember a weekend that didn’t involve numerous coffee stops and cafes. A particular favourite is the Surfside Café on Langland Bay, which I mentioned earlier. It looks like nothing from the outside but I love the atmosphere, and the fact that I can take my pooches there is a major bonus seeing as I can combine dog walking with a coffee stop.
§  Shopping – it had to get a mention, this is what makes sure that I only have about £3.00 in my account by the day before payday after all…..no seriously :-/ today is one of those days! I don’t buy designer clothes and jewellery but after a little spree in h&m you’d swear I’d won the lottery! I do plan on saving one day but for now, the motto ‘you only live once’ sounds too convincing.
So I hope I haven’t bored you too much (that’s my self-doubt kicking in that I mentioned earlier) but I did tell you I was normal! You can get an idea of what I’m about from my obsessions so please follow me for a trial basis and I’ll see if I can interest you enough to stay around!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Intro, Im new to the blogging world too!
    Im jealous, your pup is adorable & now I want one :)
    Im soon to be 24 & eeeek'ing too! :)
    & I'm addicted to Coffee & Coffee shops too! :))
    Looking forward to getting to know you better!

    I hope you'll visit me sometime!
    Prettylittlepennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog already!! Its like reading about myself in a way hehe, im a total worrier and stress about what people think about me all the time. Im slightly obsessed with weddings too, looking forward to your blog.

    If you fancy visiting my blog, im holding a giveaway if your interested :-)

    http://just-jens-blog.blogspot.com/2011/05/175-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy is so adorable! I love little dogs. And I love food and I won't deny it either! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete